I had the honor of helping plan this wedding cross country and I must say, these are two of the most fabulous women I have ever met and I am so proud to call them my dear friends. They are perfect for each other and have started a beautiful life together. I couldn’t be happier for them!
Meredith and Yvonne were married on May 21, 2011 at Memorial Church in Harvard Yard, Cambridge, MA. They chose a spring color pallet of light green and purple which looked so pretty against their white dresses. They answered a few questions for me to tell us more about their big day!
- Tell us about your wedding? We had a small gathering of very close friends and family (although we were missing a few important folks who couldn’t make it that weekend), and a wonderful minister that counseled us before the wedding and made our day contemplative as well as joyous.
- Why did you choose this for your wedding? Both of us attended Harvard at different times and so it was a special place for us (and it’s legal in MA!)
- How did you feel when you put your dress on? Yvonne: I leave everything until the last minute, my alterations, etc. were down to the wire, so when I put my dress on and it fit, I felt…relieved! And I also felt like, wow, this is really happening…after all the thinking about the ceremony and what we would say to each other, who would come, etc., standing there in that dress, about to walk down the aisle was an extraordinary moment – I was both amazingly calm and extremely nervous at the same time! Meredith: It was such a surreal moment and I was in complete awe that it was all really happening. I also couldn’t wait to see how beautiful Yvonne looked in her dress.
- What was your favorite part of the ceremony? Our vows (which we wrote to each other) and when Henry, our pup, ran down the aisle after we were pronounced married!
- What was unique about your wedding? We got married a few days before Harvard’s graduation so the campus looked amazing and was full of new graduates, alums and parents. We’ve never seen the campus so lively. That and the whole week before it rained in Boston. Just as we were married the sun broke through the clouds.
- What was your favorite part of the day? When we saw each other the first time….we were separated in different parts of the church; while everyone waited we joined each other in the foyer and had a few moments alone before we both walked down the aisle together. It was such a breathtaking moment for both us – one suspended in time.
Congrats Meredith and Yvonne!